– QB: Thank god for Sam Huard, the only non three star commit in the class. At this time, they are done for this position.
– RB: In the top two for Caleb and Hornbeak and I believe we will land one of them. In the top four for Cardwell but don’t think we land him. Expect to see more offers go out for the RB position. Will probably take two running backs if they can fit it in.
– WR: Troy committing to Oregon was a big blow. Junior and Tinae havn’t been feeling Washington for a little while and while we have gained ground for Emeka we still trail. Just offered Tsion Nunnally who we should be able to close over Washington State but who knows at this point. Expect more offers to go out for this position as well.
– TE: Have two commits in Jumper and Moore. They would like one more TE and they are hoping it’s Erik Olson but they trail for him. They just offered a new TE last week in Shield Taylor and depending on how Erik’s recruitment goes, I expect more offers to go out this summer/fall.
– OL: Have one commit in Robert Wyrsch and want to take 1-2 more OL. Hearing Owen Prentice is leaning towards Stanford and waiting to see if his application gets accepted before choosing a school. They are recruiting Josh Simmons but he wants to play DL which is an issue, we aren’t in his top group list right now. Expect more offers to go out.
– DL: Got two commits in Kuao Peihopa and Voi Tunuufi and want to take 1-2 more depending on who it is. Obviously the big target is JTT and they have made up ground for him but so have Oregon and USC. His recruitment will go until January/February so long way to go. Only other DL they are recruiting is Derek Wilkins who they trail for and Jacob Schuster who will take his time thanks to that dumb gray shirt offer.
– Buck: Got one commit in Heims and they would like to take one more if it’s the right guy. Only Buck’s they are recruiting right now is Velltray Jefferson who will take his time but we are in his top group and Logan Fano who Utah leads for. He’s still undecided mission wise right now so look out for that.
– LB: Got one commit in Latu and they are pretty much done. Still recruiting Wynden Ho’ohuli but they have fallen behind and I don’t see him coming here because of the lack of relationship with Bob.
– DB: Got two commits in Zakhari Spears and Dyson McCutcheon and they would like to take two more. Top uncommitted DB on the board is Jaylin Smith but he’s not really considering us. Recently offered Titus Mokiao-Atimalala who is favoring ND but will take some visits, in the top two for Placide Djungu-Sungu along with Duke. Also just offered Chance Tucker and Mitch Leigber and I expect more offers to go out for this position as well.
Overall thoughts: I warned you guys earlier in the year that recruiting looked awful and now your seeing it play out. Recruiting especially offensively is just a mess and it’s not going to get any better in the next two months. If I had to predict a class right now, it would be Sam Huard with a bunch of three stars because right now there is no 4/5 star that I would predict Washington to land, it’s that ugly. Only hope is that these guys can coach and they win some games so they can flip a few of these players but it’s going to be a tall task.