List of players they are going after and where they stand. It’s still early but this is where they stand for the dead period:
– QB: Sam Huard committed and done at the position for now
– RB: Byron Cardwell is the top RB on the board right now and we are in his top two with Cal. Expect his recruitment to go into the fall. The other three RB’s on the board is Jordan Hornbeak and we are in the top three for him, Julien Simon who probably commits to USC next month and Tavierre Dunlap who is wide open right now.
– WR: Emaka, Xavier Worthy, Troy, Alexander and Tinae are the five WR’s being recruited right now. Clemson and Ohio State lead for Emeka but he’s still in regular contact with us, has a strong relationship with Junior, and is going to go deep into the fall so there’s still hope. In the top two for Troy Franklin with Oregon and I still like where we at. Xavier Worthy is visiting the fall and we are in his top three. I like where we stand with him right now and I believe Junior will close him. Put on the Wigwam board a few weeks back that Junior Alexander was playing games with Washington and I didn’t think he was coming her and I still believe that. I think he goes out of state. Lead for Jabex Tinae and expect him to commit soon. I’m personally not a fan but people tell me he’s good.
– TE: Have Cadden Jumper committed here. Moliki Matavao decides next month and Georgia currently leads. The key is who commits first to Georgia between him and Bowers. Still have to overcome UCLA and Oregon for him as well though so a lot of ground to make up with not a lot of time left. Not in Terrance Ferguson’s top five, still in contact with Lake McRee but need to get him on campus to have a realistic shot. In contact with Erik Olsen and Gunnar Helm but not clear where we stand. Also in contact with Quentin Moore whose family is pushing him here but hear we are not is his top three right now.
– OL: Lead for Owen Prentice and should close him soon. In contact with Bram Walden, Jonah Miller and Josh Simmons but trail for all three.
– DT: Got two DT commit with Voi Tunuufi and Kuao Peihopa. Only other take at DT is JT who Ohio State clearly leads for but there is time as he won’t decide until February (hopefully).
– DE: In a good spot for Quintin Somerville and need to get him on campus to close but I like where were at. Stanford leads for Derek Wilkins but we are in his top five so still a chance. Recruiting Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge heavily but not clear where we stand right now. He will take his officials in the fall so still time with him. In contact with Isaac Vaha but trail for him. He is not high on the board right now.
Buck: In the top two for Logan Fano with Utah but I trust Malloe to close him. In the top three with Maurice Heims and think we close when he gets on campus if he’s still a take,
ILB: Top target is Wynden Ho’ohuli who we must close and sit in a good spot but there is heavy competition for him right now. Trail UCLA and USC for Calvert and expect him to go to USC. Not in contact with Easton Mascarenas right now but he is a fall back option if we miss on Wyden. In contact with Trey Reynolds but hear Utah, WSU and UCLA are his top three.
DB: Have one commit with Zakhari Spears who can play corner or safety. Trail USC, ASU and Ohio State for Jaylin Davies who is the top corner on the board. In the top three for Philip Riley who is all over the place. He has almost committed to Minnesota and Virginia Tech in the last few weeks so needless to say he’s unpredictable. We were doing well with JD Coffey but hearing Texas has put on the pressure and taken the lead. He loves our staff and the program but distance is a big problem and is going to be tough to over come. In a good spot for Denzel Burke but heavy competition and still long ways to go for him. Trail USC for Jaylin Smith and need to get him on campus if we want any shot at him.