List of players they are going after and where they stand. It’s still early and they still haven’t gone out for spring evaluation yet but this is where they stand for the dead period:
– QB: Sam Huard committed and done at the position for now
– RB: Byron Cardwell and Brandon Cambell are the top two RB’s on the board right now and UW is in the mix for Bryon but he’s going to take his time. Brandon will be a lot more tough and they need to get him on campus if they want any chance. Expect more offers to go out in April/May. Expect two running backs for his class.
– WR: Focused on Emaka, Troy, Alexander and Tinae. Depending on who commits first they could take all four. Emaka and Troy are going to go the distance and UW is firmly in the mix for both. Expect UW to land Alexander by summers end. UW will slow play Tinae and let him take his time while they figure out Troy and Emaka. Expect 2-3 WR’s taken.
– TE: In the mix for Bowers, Terry, King and Moliki. Terry is a strong Cal lean for now but is visiting this spring so need to knock that out of the park. In Bowers top five and have a legit shot at him. Trailing for Moliki and don’t see him coming here, Georgia is my pick. Legit shot at King and expect him to visit this spring. Expect to take two.
– OL: In the mix for Owen, Murphy, Miller and Bram. Expect more offers to go out in spring evaluation. Top two for Owens with Stanford, going to be a tough battle but I think we close. Top three for Murphy but think USC leads. Trail heavily for Miller and doubt we have a chance. In the mix for Bram but need to get him on campus before I say we have a chance. Expect 2-3 OL taken
DL: In the mix for Bollers, Heims, Somerville, Wilkins, JT, Vio Kuao and Vaha. Until Bollers schedules his official, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. To early to tell with Heims, trying to get him on campus. Legit shot at Somerville and he will visit in the spring. Wilkins has Stanford written all over him as long as his grades check out. Battling Ohio State for JTT along with Clemson, USC and Alabama. Top two for Vio along with Utah. Legit shot at Vaha but no visit scheduled yet. Leader for Kuao and official scheduled for June. Expect to take three
-Buck: Fano is the only true Buck right offered though there are some LB’s and DL that could switch to this position. In top two with Utah. Expect to take 1-2
LB: In the mix for Wynden, Reynolds, Easton, Cook, Simon and Calvert. Legit shot at Wynden but expect it to be a battle. To early to tell for Reynolds and Easton. Expect to get an official from Cooks and Calvert but expect both to go elsewhere. Lead for Simon. Expect to take 1-2
DB: already have one commit in Spears. In the mix for Davies, Ortiz, Burke, Smith and Coffey. Expect more offers to go out in the spring evaluation. Davies is visiting April, ASU leads. Legit shot at Ortiz and Burke and expect officials from both. Coffey visiting next month unofficially and if all goes well expect an official in June. Smith visiting in the spring as well, USC leads. Expect to take four.