Here in Vegas for the Wilder fight and I was able to stop by the 7 on 7 tournament in Vegas today and here is some of the info that I can share.
– Emeka is favoring Ohio State and they have a pretty good lead at the moment. Told there is a chance that he might commit to them the next time he visits them. Washington is battling Clemson for second place but needless to say they have a uphill battle on there hands. Watching Emeka play for the first time, I didn’t know he was that explosive and it would be crushing to lose him so hoping we can make up ground this spring.
– JTT isn’t favoring anyone because he isn’t paying attention to recruiting at all. Washington will be in this until the end and have a good shot at reeling him in.
– Doing real well with Julien Simon and are his leader. Only real threat is LSU who he really wants an offer and will probably get one when he visits them this spring. Still expect UW to land him by summers end
– Washington is heavy leaders for Junior Alexander with Cal running second. Expectation is for UW to have him in the boat by the end of spring
– Really like where UW is positioned with Troy Franklin and I believe Washington will land him
– Owen Prentice is basically down to us and Stanford with us leading at the moment. Right now I think Washington has him committed by summers end
– Will Latu is a take for now but won’t be for long so curious to see how long he takes before deciding. Washington is the heavy leader for him as well
– Washington made up some ground for Moliki Matavao this weekend thanks to Sam Huard. When Jordan was let go, Moliki cooled on us and he started favoring other schools. Georgia is still his leader but I heard he might not be a take right now for them because of a so-so Junior year. I know Junior and Huff have been recruiting Moliki very hard while he gets to know Cato and having Sam in his ear this weekend helped. We will see if it was enough to get an official from him this weekend.
– Washington is well positioned for Steven Ortiz and he will visit this spring/summer.
Great stuff sonics! Few questions out of curiosity:
– Is UW recruiting Will Latu as a safety or linebacker?
– Do you think UW has realistic chances at landing both Matavao and Bowers?
– What DB’s are we recruiting harder? Could we possibly have a shot at Jaylin Davies?
– How do you like our chances with Jonah Miller and Bram Walden?
Thanks for the info as always
– Last I heard it was Linebacker
– Right now, no. Need to get them on campus to change that and they will both be on campus this spring so they will have a chance to change that.
– Jaylin Davies, Steven Ortiz, JD Coffey, Denzel Burke, Jaylon Smith and Ceyair Wright. We do have a shot at Davies though we are not leading at the moment. He will visit in April and that will be UW’s chance to make a move.
– Low on both. Need to get either one of them on campus to change that.